Friday, April 19, 2019

life...

today is good Friday...I woke up this morning with that being my first waking thought...thank You Lord...without the cross we don't have the glorious resurrection morning!

This year things are so different in my heart...It is difficult to stand and watch someone disappear before your eyes...while they are still there in front of you...but not there...does that make sense...their body is there...but they lose a little more of themselves each day...

All of the sudden things that mattered before...or things that hurt before...seem to fade...the saddest part of this experience is...really...I never knew this person anyway...and now I want to so desperately and that time is slipping away and there is nothing I can do about it...

...my greatest fear...the message of the Gospel will not be able to penetrate the illness...and then the Holy Spirit gently reminds me there are NO barriers for God...as long as there is breath there is hope...

I'm thought of that saying...It's Friday...but Sunday's coming...all day today...but this evening it hit me...that can be the truth of our lives right now...our struggle...whatever that is...we all walk through our "friday's" but we must remember...those of us in Christ..."Sunday's" coming!!!

So on those days that the struggle is harder than others...remind yourself...Sunday's coming...

Tomorrow is going to be a difficult day for this person...a hard goodbye to a life of memories...of proof of a hard working person...of a gifted shade tree mechanic, wood crafter and a lover of some good ole bluegrass...my prayer though...is for this person to learn Sunday's coming...

I don't mean to mock the resurrection of our Lord...not at all...that is the point...the hope...the peace that surpasses all understanding...the strength...

So as we come to the end of Friday...and what it represents...a still, cold, lost, afraid, feeling deserted world...it's just for a while...cause Sunday's coming and the world would be shaken to the core because of the risen Savior...

Happy Resurrection Day...thank you Jesus...

No comments:

Post a Comment